Dhampirs are mortal beings who are half-human and half-vampire. They are known to have all of the strengths of vampires with little to none of the weaknesses. Dhampirs have been known to hunt the undead, especially vampires. In some parts of Serbia, it was believed that vampires are invisible and that only a dhampir (himself/herself a half-vampire) could find them.
- Nigh-Immortality - Dhampirs do not age at the same pace humans do and are immune to disease, but they are not truly immortal since they can still be killed, much more easily than a true vampire.
- Superhuman Strength - Like vampires, dhampirs possess superior strength and resilience to humans, able to lift heavy loads, leap great heights and distances and withstand injuries that would easily kill or cripple humans.
- Senses - Like vampires, dhampirs possess heightened senses of sight, sound and smell, making them master hunters. They can also see perfectly in the dark.
- Healing - Unlike vampires, dhampirs can't recover from any injuries, although they can still recover from some that would be non-fatal to a human. For example, vampires can regenerate lost limbs whereas dhampirs cannot.
- Psychic Powers - Certain varieties of vampire are capable of exhibiting telekinetic and even telepathic abilities. Although not commonly seen, it is possible that some dhampirs also possess this ability, based on their vampire parent's own abilities.
- Few Weaknesses - Unlike vampires, dhampirs are immune to the effects of sunlight, garlic, silver and holy implements. However, a stake to the heart has the same effect on them as it would a normal human or vampire (i.e. death).